1/03/2017

101 in 1001 Recap.


101 in 1001 Recap

My relationship with New Years resolutions have always been tense. I'd pick a single goal and work towards it with the best of intentions but then life would always get in way. I'd lose my commitment to that goal in favour of new ones or I'd get off track with the inevitable distractions of work, home, friends and relationships. Late 2015, I found the Day Zero Project a new way to motivate myself and I created a 101 Things in 1001 Days List. Creating this list has allowed me to keep track of several goals and it also relieves the pressure of trying to achieve everything in a single year. This works far better me than trying to achieve a single New Years resolution.

Maybe you'd like to give it a go?

I thought I'd do a brief recap of how I went with my list in 2016. While I didn't really blog about what I had achieved during the year (or about anything at all really...), I did manage to tick off quite a few things off.


----------------------------------------------------------------

Goals Completed

101 in 1001 2016 Recap
Pictures 1-3 (Going Overseas); Pictures 4-6 (Putting a deposit on a house); Pictures 7-9 (Going Out For Breakfast)

#1 Go Overseas.
Early on in the year I went to Bali for the first time. It was quick but it was just the holiday I needed and the trip its self has got me wishing for greater adventures further abroad.

#17 Have a Bubble Bath.
This was the year I re-discovered Lush products.

#22 Go to a movie by myself.
Always something I had been scared to do and now that I've done it I'm not sure why.

#Go to 3 personal training sessions.
I wanted to learn how to use my gym properly. I still prefer classes but at least I know how to use the equipment correctly!

#49 Start a blog.
Start a blog, check. I've jut got tow work on keeping it up.

#55 Take a Yoga or Tai Chi Class.
Those people who say Yoga is a nice easy relaxing workout lied! It is hard, sweaty work but I love every minute.

#62 Put a deposit on a house.
Probably my biggest achievement this year! Our house was built right before Christmas and we've been painting like madmen for the last couple of weeks.

#70 Bake a pie from scratch.
I now have a very yummy apple pie recipe to add to my collection.

#77 Go out for breakfast.
I have been able to check this goal off several times and more. Going out for breakfast/brunch is my new favorite thing to do!

#82 Create a catalogue for my books/DVDs.
What can I say? I'm a Librarian! I couldn't resist.

#94 Find the perfect bed cover.
Not too heavy. Not too scratchy. Just right.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Goals In Progress

101 in 1001 2016 Recap
Pictures 1-3 (Go to 20 shows/events); 4 (Complete 10 Pinterest Projects); 5-6 (Try 20 New Restaurants)

#15 Go to 20 shows/events.
I'm halfway trough this goal! With the Perth Fringe Festival coming up in late January, I'm sure I'll be able to squeeze in a few shows!

#40 Complete 10 Projects from Pinterest.
I've only done 1 project, so I have a little whole to go before this one is fully complete.

#61 Move out of home.
Now that the house is fully built and painted, it's only a matter of days before we permanently move.

#73 Try 20 New Restaurants.
I think this is one of my favorite goals. I get to try delicious food plus I'm exploring my local area!

#93 Read 20 books I have not read before.
 I'm hoping to put a real dent in this goal by completing a reading challenge this year!

----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm pretty happy with my progress so far and proud that I've managed to complete some of the bigger goals on my list. I can't wait to work towards finishing off even more of my goals!

Bring on 2017!

What's your goal for the year? Or are you working through a list like mine?
Let me know! I'd love to hear your thoughts.
 

Helene in Between

No comments:

Post a Comment