11/30/2015

Motivation vs Commitment.

 


Motivation is a temporary emotion.

It is the unreliable lover that will woo with it's charm, make your heart sing for a while and then kick you in the balls when you are not looking. No goodbye. No phone call. No explanation. Which is why motivation (on it's own) rarely leads to any kind of lasting positive transformation.

Commitment on the other hand, is a non-negotiable mindset. It is absolute. It is a force. Unwavering. Constant. Powerful. Unlike motivation, it's not a day to day proposition; it's your default setting, it's not a sometime emotion, but rather an all-the-time habit.

Committed people make things happen, even in the absence of motivation


--------------------------------------------

Some inspiration for your Monday! 

I wish I knew where this quote came from. It's something that I have had pinned up in my room for quite a while. 

I keep it up to remind me that having all these ideas and plans is great but unless I commit to seeing them through, they become empty words and a waste of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment